Greetings! Today I will be listing some of the best cell phones for gaming! Mobile gaming has quickly become a growing trend ever since the first proper cell phone came out. Remember your first Nokia phone that is not colored? And the games you had there were of variety, like Snake, Space Impact, those games? If you do, then congratulations, I love you even more.
After those phones, you now had the colored phones that can support even more games, the ever popular Bounce game being one of them. But now, we have smartphones, and the games they can support are better than ever, with some games rivaling graphics of that of a PS1 or PS2 game! That’s how we’ve come so far in terms of technology. The gaming industry has been quickly expanding into the mobile gaming market, and some companies have even developed phones especially for gaming, and here are some of them!
Ladies and gentlemen, here are some of the best cell phones for gaming!
(Buying from my links guarantees me snack money. Click here for more info.)
Okay, let’s start off with personally, one of the best cell phones for gaming, The ASUS ROG Phone 2. I tried this once at a convention, and let me tell you, this phone was absolutely phenomenal. I played like a shooting game with this phone (forgot what it was), and it was smooth as heck. Really good gaming phone, and I really recommend it. The price might be a little steep, but trust me, it is absolutely worth it.
- 6.6″ FHD+ AMOLED Display (2340×1080) 120Hz, 1ms response time with HDR
- First phone to equip Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
- Octa-core 2.96GHz for a great gaming phone experience
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM; 1TB Storage
- Dual-camera with Sony IMX586 sensor: 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle shot Cameras; 24MP front camera
If you’re looking for best cell phones for gaming that won’t break your bank, then look no further than the Xiaomi Black Shark. This, personally, is one of the coolest looking phones I’ve seen, and I’m thinking of buying this once I get the chance. I’ve been a loyal Samsung phone user, but I think it is time to make a leap to this phone. I mean just look at it, it looks fancy, sleek, and sexy. Best of all, it won’t cost you a fortune!
- 5.99 inches; 1080 x 2160 pixels, ratio of 18:9 (~403 ppi density), Android 8.0
- 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM
- 4000mAh Long Life Battery,
- Instead of a 3.5mm headphone jack, it has a USB C adapter
- 20MP + 12MP Dual AI Camera with phase detection autofocus, Dual Tone LED flash, 20MP Front Camera
- Equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
We’ve all heard of Razer, and how it really creates gaming accessories and devices for the gamer. They’ve also forayed into the smartphone market, and developed a phone really suited for gaming, without breaking your bank. If you trust Razer, then I really recommend you get this phone, especially if you’re into the competitive side of mobile gaming.
- Experience zero lag or stuttering with 120HZ Ultramotion Display: Fluid, buttery smooth motion
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Display Screen
- Equipped with anti-shatter layer to prevent breakage, and anti-fingerprint and oleophobic coating to reduce smudges
- A cinematic sound experience thanks to dual front-firing speakers and dual amplifiers that are powered by Dolby ATMOS and certified by THX
- Comes with Razer Hammerhead Headphones USB Type C for great sound experience
- 4000 mAh battery and has Qualcomm Quickcharge 4+ for a long gaming session baby!
- High powered gaming experience thanks to Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- 8GB of RAM; 12 MP dual cameras with dual tone flash
- The first smartphone to support premium video and audio for Netflix. (Netflix streaming membership required)
- GSM-compatible unlocked phone (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) and will not work with CDMA carriers (Verizon, Sprint, etc.). Android 8.1 included
Another cool looking phone, the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3 is really a phone worth buying. You will get bang for your buck with this phone. Really solid feel, amazing screen display, and no motion blur when gaming! Personally, when you get this phone, I think it’s just like getting a flagship IPhone or Samsung phone for half the price. Really worth it phone, and remember, great for gaming!
- 171.7 x 78.5 x 9.7 mm metal build, Corning Gorilla Glass Screen
- 6.65″ AMOLED, 1080 x 2340px resolution; aspect ratio of 19.5:9, ~388ppi.
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm); Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 485); Adreno 640
- 128 GB Memory, 8 GB RAM OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Redmagic 2.0
- Rear camera: 48MP, f/1.7, 1/2″, 0.8µm pixel size; PDAF; 4320p@15fps, 2160p@30/60fps video recording. h264/h265 and 10bit HDR recording options
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.0, 2.0µm; 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, 18W fast charging.
- Game mode slider, stereo loudspeakers with DTS:X, rear-mounted fingerprint reader, USB-C 3.1 connector
- Customizable 16.8 million color RGB strip on the back, build-in cooling fan
You won’t own the most powerful of gaming phones, but this will still ensure a solid gaming experience. It’s advantage over the other pricey phones is the fact that it is dual screened! Yes, it works like a flip phone. What it does is essentially expands your screen, so your screen will be bigger.
Combined with its decent chipsets and memory, this is still a must get for those who are looking to save some dough.
- Two identical foldable 5.2” Gorilla Glass 5 Screen Display
- Has 3 Modes – Dual, Extended, and Mirror, Two identical Full HD screens combine to give you a stunning 6.75” display, kind of like a tablet.
- 4GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB with a MicroSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon Integrated Qualcomm ARMv8
- 20MP Rear and Front Facing camera, Auto focus, Video Capture: 4K
- Fingerprint Sensor – Integrated with Power Button, Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh battery
6. LG G8X ThinQ
This is another phone that has the foldable dual screen feature. But this time, it’s an LG phone, so it’s fairly up there in terms of branding. This phone is like the better cousin of the ZTE Avon. Up your gaming experience with this phone! You’ll surely love this one!
- Two identical screens with 6.4″ FHD+ OLED Display (2340 x 1080, including notch)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core
- 12MP (Standard Angle), 13MP (Super Wide Angle) Rear Camera, 32 MP Front Camera with 4x Zoom Power
- 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage, Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Compatible with LTE, CDMA, GSM, UMTS Networks
- 136˚ Ultra-Wide and 78˚ Standard Rear Cameras
- Balanced Stereo Sound
- 4,000 mAh Battery
Another gaming phone that won’t break your bank, the Sony Xperia allows you to access your PS4 anytime, anywhere! Basically you can use this phone as a makeshift monitor for your PS4! Now that’s cool. It’s also a great gaming phone by itself, and it’s a cheap alternative to the other phones on this list. Get yours now!
- 1/2” 23MP Rear Camera, Sony Exmor RS Sensor, Predictive Hybrid AF. ISO 12800, 24mm Wide Sony G Lens.
- 1/3” 13MP Front Camera, Sony Exmor R Sensor, 22mm Wide, ISO 6400.
- 5“Curved Glass Edge Full HD Display (1920×1080), Brightness 600cd, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 140%
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 2x 2.2GHz 2x 1.6GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 530.
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Flash memory, Up to 200 GB expandable memory card.
- 2700mAh battery life, QNOVO Adaptive Charging and Quick Charge Compatible.
- Quick Charger Included.
- Water Resistance, IP68.
- Android 6.01 Marshmallow.
- PS4 Remote Play Compatible
- Hi-Res Audio, Stereo Speakers, Digital Noise Canceling, DSEE HX, LDAC, AHC.
- Size: 5.6 x 2.77 x 0.33 in / 5.8 oz.
And there you have it, here are some of the best cell phones for gaming you can get! Although you can use all phones for gaming, these phones right here are built for gaming, meaning they will have advantages over other non gaming-advertised phones.
Got any more best cell phones for gaming you can recommend? Let us know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!